David M. Wilson, DMD, MD
David Wilson, DMD, MD, is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon specializing in cleft and craniofacial surgery. Dr. Wilson is from Portland, Oregon, where he completed his undergraduate training at Lewis and Clark College and dental school at Oregon Health and Science University. He went on to complete his oral and maxillofacial surgery training and obtain his medical doctorate at the University of Michigan. Following his residency in general surgery at UofM, Dr. Wilson pursued a fellowship in pediatric craniofacial surgery with Dr. Pat Ricalde at the Florida Craniofacial Institute in Tampa, Florida. Dr. Wilson is board certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. His surgical training has provided expertise in the management of pediatric congenital malformation, complex facial trauma, orthognathic surgery, benign tumor management, and managing medically complex patients.
Dr. Wilson joined Kalamazoo Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in July 2015. Dr. Wilson is also the surgeon for the Western Michigan Cleft Team where he strives to provide individualized care to improve the overall well-being of his patients. He lectures on the subject of pediatric craniofacial anomalies at national meetings including the American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association and American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. He is an associate professor at Western Michigan University School of Medicine and participates in clinical research projects to improve surgical care for patients.
Dr. Wilson has a passion for helping children and volunteers with multiple non-profit organizations traveling to underserved areas, providing surgical services to improve the lives of children with facial anomalies. At home, he enjoys reading, playing sports, and woodworking projects with his wife and six children.
• American Academy of Craniomaxillofacial Surgeons
• American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
• American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association
• American Dental Association
• American Medical Association
• Michigan Dental Association
• Chalmers J. Lyons Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
• Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
• Kalamazoo Valley District Dental Society
• Michigan Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
• ACLS, ATLS, PALS Certified