Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- Do not eat or drink (including water) for at least six hours prior to the appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, drive the patient home, and stay with the patient for the rest of the day. If the patient is not accompanied by a responsible adult, the procedure will be rescheduled.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow and low-heeled shoes.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with your surgeon prior to your surgery date for instructions.
- If you have an illness such as a cold or sore throat or upset stomach with nausea/vomiting on the day of your appointment, please notify the office.
KOMS requests patients undergoing IV sedation refrain from the use of THC and cannabis products for at least 48 hours prior to their appointment. Cannabis and THC containing products can lessen the effects of the medications used in IV sedation.